Development of Online Communities
Frequent asked questions on Online Communities
What is an online community? It is a group of online accounts sharing some interests and somehow linked.
What are the main steps to develop an online community? Scope definition: shape interests and characteristics the community members must share. Creation: establish mechanisms and process to contact target candidate members in a non-intrusive manner. Development: provide the community with valuable information and online platforms Maintenance: monitor community evolution and make minor adjustments
How long does it take to get it established? It depends on the scope. There should be a sound initial group after a month and it will be growing every week. I usually baseline an online community after three months. Thousands of users are added to social networks every day so an online community is never completed or done.
How does an online community evolve? Clearly, the critical point is at the very beginning. Somebody must be the first member and it is not easy to join a community with zero members. People are constantly looking for new stuff on internet so once the community has a critical mass, more and more will join by themselves. Some of the members will leave the community, that is fine, no big deal. They had not fulfilled expectations or they changed their interests. One can’t make everybody happy.
Is this a time consuming task? It is quite likely you will want to send messages to the community. You must put together those messages. It could be a blog, it could be a list of tweets or facebook page. We will deliver it for you automatically and with the proper frequency. Although many of the processes may be done on a semi-automated manner, a community always needs interaction. You must ready to devote something between 30 mins to 2 hours a day to answer questions, know your members and engage with them.
What should I expect from an online community? Engagement. People are eager to being part of a successful group. You just need to give them a reason to become part of yours.
What will not Espiti SM do? Setting your goals. You must know what you would like to achieve, we will make it happen.
What about numbers? We all know number of followers is not the only important magnitude but, at the same time, none wants to end up with extremely loyal six member community. We would be adding between 10 and 40 new members a day to your online community.
(covers the first month)
|Development and maintenance
(two months are required)
We are experiencing problems with the integration to paypal. Please contact us here for payments and sorry for the inconvenience.
Terms and conditions
- You have two weeks since you hire the service to decide if you want to go ahead with the project or not. If no, we will give you a full refund.
- You always will be able to manage all your accounts in a normal and usual way.
- Most of the communication will be done through email and mainly during the first two or three weeks of the project.
- Project will start within five working days after initial and maintenance payments are confirmed by Paypal. You will be promptly notified of all relevant steps.
- If something goes wrong with Paypal or you prefer to use other means of payment, you can contact me on email@example.com and we will try to sort it out.
- Maintenance of the first month is covered with the initial payment. It is required, at least, two months maintenance (second and third months). After that, you are free to cancel your Paypal subscription.